Tennis: Rohan Bopanna will pair next season with Uruguayan Pablo Cuevas

Sports Adina Camarasu
http://stocknewsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/rohan-bopana-marriage.jpg

Indian Tennis player Rohan Bopanna, who paired in doubles with Romanian Florin Mergea in the past two years, will play next season alongside the Uruguayan Pablo Cuevas, announced the player ranked 28 in the world ranking doubles (ATP), during an interview with ESPN India.


Bopanna and Mergea have played starting April 2015 until the end of 2016 season and their balance sheet included two titles (Madrid, Stuttgart), three finals in 2015 (Casablanca, Halle Tournament of Champions) and two finals in 2016 (Sydney, Madrid).


In the new season, Mergea will evolve together with British Dominic Inglot.


Rohan Bopanna criticized in the interview with ESPN India the Indian Tennis Federation (All India Tennis Association – AITA) for failing to retain the match against New Zealand in the Davis Cup, from the first round of Group I, Asia-Oceania, scheduled for February 3-5, in Pune.


Bopanna is the highest-ranked Indian player in the world ranking doubles (ATP).


Bopanna also criticized the fact that AITA’s decision was not communicated officially, although the team was announced on December 22.


‘On December 8th, I received an email from AITA in which I was asked whether I’m available for the game. I was asked to give the answer until December 21. On 10 or 11 I replied, saying that I am available.


Despite this, until this moment I have not received an email from AITA or from my coach (Zeeshan Ali), or a message to be told if I was chosen or not. I learned from the media. (…) the communication occurs whenever they feel like it, when they want, and can find you wherever you are in the world’, said Bopanna.


One of the officials responsible for team selection in India, S. P. Mishra, explained that the decision to not convoke Bopanna was taken on the basis that he evolves in the left side of the field, a fact denied by the player.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.