Mayweather: ‘I am the best boxer in history’

Sports Adina Camarasu
http://stocknewsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/fm-e1433941678273.jpg

The American boxer Floyd Mayweather, retired from the boxing ring in September 2015, considers himself as the best boxer in the world’s history, even bigger than the legendary Muhammad Ali, as he assured everybody in an interview with ESPN.


‘If we are talking about the trace he left behind, Ali is by far the best. But if we are talking about world records and career progress, is Floyd Mayweather’, said the former world champion at the welter category, talking about himself in the third person.


‘Muhammad Ali opened the door for me and allowed me to be here, he is a legend, but I broke the records and Ali lost the titles in front of a boxer who had only seven matches under his belt’, added Mayweather, referring to the defeat of ‘The Greatest” in front of Leon Spinks in February 1978.


Mayweather reminded, however, that he has earned over $ 800 million during his career and is in all his mental faculties, at his 39 years. Ali, considered the best boxer in history, died in June 2016 at the age of 74 years, after a long battle against Parkinson.


‘In our sport, you have to hit but you must also avoid the blows. I have a great admiration for Ali, but being inside the ropes and taking blows is not cool’, said Mayweather.


‘What is impressive in my career is that I retired after my 49th victory in 49 matches and I was the one who decided to retire without being physically affected and having good investments for the future’, concluded Floyd Mayweather.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.