Hollywood takes over the Women"s March
Culture&Arts Iulia Postelnicu
https://stocknewsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/la-et-madonna-20170121_1485066354_725x725.jpg
Celebrities joined the huge crowds of marchers and fought along them for America and the women’s rights.
Since Donald Trump won the elections, it’s hard, even for celebrities, to come to terms that he won and now he is the president. For protecting civil rights, they all felt that such an event needs to take place.
Celebrities gathered, marched and held powerful speeches.
America Ferrera held a speech in Washington. “The President is not America. His cabinet is not America. Congress is not America. We are America and we are here to stay,” said the actress.
Scarlet Johansson also held a speech:”President Trump, I did not vote for you. I respect that you are our President-elect and I want to be able to support you. First, I ask that you support me.”
Charlize Theron, Chelsea Handler and Ashley Judd were at the march held at the Sundance Film Festival.
Madonna was also present and delivered a speech:” I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won’t change anything. We cannot fall into despair.”
Men were also present, like John Legend and Jake Gyllenhaal. Director Michael Moore also delivered a speech.
Alicia Keys recited Maya Angelou’s poem “Still I Rise” and then moved to sing a part of her song, “Girl on Fire.”
The British actress, Emma Watson, was there and greeted marchers. Amy Schumer, Julianne Moore, Amy Poehler were all together and shared pictures from the march on social media.
Jane Fonda, Helen Mirren, Cher, Julia Roberts, Whoopi Goldberg and Yoko Ono were also marching.
Amongst the crowd in Los Angeles were: Kerry Washington, Jamie Lee Curtis, Laverne Cox, Natalie Portman, Barbra Streisand and many others.


Leave a Comment