Jimmy Fallon as Ryan Lochte at the VMAs

Culture&Arts Nancy Frank
http://stocknewsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/^00BD761FF611C938CDE537F6A476976295A5A99E7EB92D135C^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Because of the last events that took place in Brazil this year, Ryan Lochte was not able to be present at the VMAs this year, so the well-known Jimmy Fallon went on the stage in his place.


Impersonated by Fallon, Lochte, with a golden medal hanging on his neck and a blue windbreaker on, presented The Video of the Year Award, which Beyonce won with the video “Hold on”, with his characteristically jokes.


“Is it too late now to say sorry?” said Fallon. “That’s my jam. I wrote it, I produced it, and I directed the vid-yeah.”


Jimmy Fallon might have over exaggerated with his jokes: “I’m the one who gave Adele the flip phone,” he said. “I taught Drake the Hotline Bling dance. I had a 30-way with Kanye West.”


The public was not so happy with his last joke, where the star impersonated Lochte during his side of the story regarding the Brazilian event where he added: “(The videos are) so good, I couldn’t choose. I couldn’t choose, even if there was a gun to my head.”


Even if the public was not so amused, Michael Phelps seemed to have a good time during the performance.


Lochte was the subject of many discussions regarding the event that took place in the Brazilian gas station where the professional swimmer claimed he was held at gunpoint and robbed, while the footage taken at the time showed him and his fellow teammates destroying it and then asked to pay money for the damages they produced.  He might be accused by the Brazilian authorities of lying in his declarations and face up to six months in prison if found guilty.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.