The Munich-based who swims to work

World News Nilgun Salim
https://stocknewsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/p059lmvb.jpg

Sick of getting stuck in traffic every single day, a man from Munich found the most unusual alternative of traveling to work


Early in the morning, shortly after he leaves the house, the German dives into the river that runs through the city.


The trip ends after two kilometers when he comes out of the water and arrives at the headquarters of the company he is working for.


The German keeps a change of dry clothes and his laptop in a waterproof bag, and the idea seems appealing for others who sometimes accompany him on the unbelievable journey.



“The traffic that runs past the Isar River is so crowded and it’s not a pleasure to drive on that road”, confessed Benjamin David.


Whether it’s summer or winter the man sinks into the water every single morning and swims nonstop until he reaches his workplace.


“When I swim, I get to work quicker and I feel more relaxed. I swim every day, sometimes even twice a day, and I also wear a special suit”, explained David.


“I wear rubber sandals in order to not hurt my legs in the shards of the bikes I’ve ever encountered in the water. But most importantly, check the water level and the current speed, the water temperature”, added the Munich-based.



Although they initially became skeptical at the idea, some of Benjamin’s work colleagues eventually joined him.


The German is convinced more and more people will finally give up on driving in favor of a relaxed, water-based journey.


“No one uses the Isar River anymore as a means of transport, so I’m free to swim quietly. I would not have surprised you that in a few years it would become a normal way of traveling to work”.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.