Juanita Castro won’t attend her brother’s funeral

World News Rudolph Rodriquez
http://stocknewsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/juanita-castr.jpg

Juanita Castro, the younger sister of former dictator Fidel Castro, who died on Friday night, at 90-years-old, said she will not attend her brother’s funeral in Cuba.


Despite expressing her pain on Fidel Castro’s death, Juanita told the ‘Miami Herald’ that she will never set foot in Cuba again, for as long as she lives.


She lives in Miami since 1965, a year after she accused her brother of turning Cuba into a ‘huge prison encircled by water’. She added in an interview on Saturday that the pain caused by her brother’s death has brought up older wounds.


‘Despite the rumors that I will go to Cuba to attend the funeral, I want to clarify that I will never return to that island again. I fought alongside exiles, shoulder to shoulder, during the most active and intense period of fighting in recent decades, and I respect the feelings of everyone’, Juanita said in a statement offered for publication.


‘I’m not happy for the death of any human being, much less when it comes to a person has the same blood and name as I do. I’m in exile in Miami for 51 years, as all Cubans who left to find a space in which to fight for the freedom of their country. I never changed my position even if I had to pay the price in pain and isolation’, she added.


She became a part of  the US Intelligence Services and wrote a book about it in 2009, entitled ‘My brothers, the secret history’, in which she confessed how she begin to work for CIA.


Between 1961 and 1964, she refused all life threatening missions that concerned her brothers, but she was one of the first CIA informants when the Soviet missiles were installed in Cuba. In 1963, her mother died and Juanita Castro lost her protection.


The situation became dangerous for her as her double life had been discovered. One morning, in 1964, her brother Raul came to see her after learning the truth.


Fidel was furious, but Raul helped her to run away, first in Mexico, and a year later in Miami.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.