Selena Gomez breaks silence about her secret kidney transplant and her battle with Lupus

Culture&Arts Nilgun Salim
https://stocknewsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Selena-Gomez.jpg

Everyone knows that Selena suffers from Lupus, a chronic autoimmune disease in which the cells of the body’s immune system attack their own tissues, but nobody actually knew how severe the condition of the famous singer is.


At one point, the brunette announced that she is taking a break from the public life, opening up about her struggle in a rehabilitation clinic, the struggle that forced Selena to cancel many of her concerts.


The star preferred to keep the stories related to the most critical moments for her close ones, including the time when she has gone through a surgery.


Recently, Selena Gomez revealed that in summer she actually got a kidney transplant, a surgery that he has decided to do because her Lupus symptoms started to get really bad.


The 25-year-old singer confessed the donor was actually her best friend, Francia Raisa, who as soon as she found out that she is compatible, she didn’t think twice.


The artist shared the exclusive photos on her Instagram account, including one on the hospital bed but also with the surgery that left a huge scar on her body.


In an emotional message, the former Disney star has thanked the one who almost saved her life: “I am very conscious that some of the fans have realized that I missed a lot this summer and wondered why I’m not promoting my new album. I found out that I have to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and I had to submit to a recovery period. Honestly, I look forward to sharing with you my last few months, as I used to do before. Until then, I want to publicly thank my family and the incredible team of doctors for everything they did for me before and after the surgery. And, finally, there are no words describing how much I thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa. He gave me a wonderful gift and made a sacrifice by donating me one of her kidneys. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much!”.


Francia Raisa is a 29-year-old model and actress from Los Angeles, the daughter of radio personality Renan Coello and one of Selena’s closest friends.


 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.